Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: 3/9/2020
Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they cover your relationship with The Butchers Meat Box Limited, trading as The Butchers Box Company and all orders you place with us. By using this website or placing an order, you are agreeing with these terms and conditions in full. If you do not accept these terms and conditions you will not be able to order with us and should leave this website.
We may update or revise these terms and conditions from time to time. You should periodically check this page for changes.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- UNDERSTANDING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- YOUR CONTRACT WITH US
- YOUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES OR END THE CONTRACT
- OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES OR END THE CONTRACT
- PRICE & PAYMENT
- COMPLAINTS RETURNS & REFUNDS
- OFFERS & PROMOTIONS
- WEIGHTS OF PRODUCTS
UNDERSTANDING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- When we refer to “Butchers Box Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”, we mean The Butchers Meat Box Limited.
- When we refer to “you” or “your” we mean you, the individual accessing our website or placing an order with us.
- “Website” means this website, www.butchersboxcompany.co.uk
- “Products” means the goods available to purchase on our website.
- “Order” means the products you have purchased on our website and scheduled for either a recurring or one-off delivery.
- “Delivery” means the physical delivery of the order you have placed on our website.
INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- We are The Butchers Meat Box Limited a company registered in England and Wales. [Our company registration number is 12685421 and our registered office is at Spring Hill Industrial Park, 10b, Colliers Way, Arley, Coventry CV7 8HN]
- You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails but not fax.
- We regularly review the prices of our products and may change them without notice.
- We take care to ensure product descriptions, pictures, prices and information are accurate. However, we do not accept liability for any inaccuracies, errors or omissions.
- Many of our suppliers are independent, farmers or producers, so all products are subject to availability.
- Our products are priced by unit. We show the weight price for guidance only. Due to the nature of our products the minimum and maximum weight cannot always be guaranteed. As such, products may not always meet the exact criteria stated on our website. We will not accept liability for underweight or overweight products. The published price is the unit price. We will, however, always endeavour to meet weight expectations and the minimum weight.
- All product prices are inclusive of any applicable VAT.
- Allergens: Whilst every precaution is taken to minimise cross contamination in the production of our food we cannot guarantee that trace elements of allergens don’t exist. Our food production areas also handle products containing ALL 14 allergens: MILK, NUTS, EGGS, NUTS, PEANUTS, FISH, CRUSTACEANS, MOLLUSCS, CEREALS, SOYA, SULPHITES, CELERY, LUPINS, MUSTARD.
- Any allergens that make up part of the ingredients of our products are stated on the product label. If you have specific dietary requirements and/or are unsure about the suitability of any of our products then please contact a member of our team for further information.
YOUR CONTRACT WITH US
- Becoming a customer - To place an order with us, you must be over 18 years of age, require delivery in our area and have a credit or debit card acceptable to us in your name.
- Our Terms and Conditions will apply when you place your order.
- This website is operated by The Meat Box Company. Once you have placed an order on the website we will confirm your order by sending an email to the email address you have provided. This email will list all products you have ordered, the price and delivery details. This is not an acceptance by us. A legally binding contract will only arise once we have completed delivery of the goods to you.
- If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this [in writing] and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- We only sell within the local area. Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from or deliver to addresses outside the UK or valid postcodes
- Our valid delivery postcodes are B9, B10, B11, B12, B49, B50, B60, B61, B90, B91 , B92, B93, B94, B95, B96, B97, B98, CV5, CV6, CV7, CV8, CV9, CV31, CV32, CV33, CV34, CV35, CV36, CV37, CV90, CV91, CV92, WR7, WR9, WR10, WR11, OX7, OX15, OX16, OX17, GL55, GL56, NN11
YOUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES OR END THE CONTRACT
- If you wish to make a change to the goods you have ordered please contact us as soon as possible. We require you to tell us about any amendments to your order 2 working days before the delivery of your items.
- We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the goods, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
- Your rights to end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is damaged or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the goods replaced or to get some or all of your money back),
- If you have just changed your mind about the goods, see condition 8.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period for non-perishable goods, but this may be subject to certain conditions and deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods.
- In all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind), see condition 5.11.
- Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at 8.2.1 to 8.2.5 below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any goods which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the goods or these terms which you do not agree to;
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the goods you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the goods may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have delayed the supply of the goods for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to delay the supply of them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 48 hours or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- As most of our goods contain fresh and perishable food, you may not be entitled to the "normal" right to change your mind within 14 days after the day you receive them (such right as set out in the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). One of the reasons for this is because the food is likely to have a best before date within only a few days of delivery of the goods. If you have purchased goods that are not fresh and perishable foods, then you will be entitled to change your mind within 14 days, return the item to us (which you must organise) and receive a refund. These rights are explained in more detail in these terms.
- Our guarantee. Please note that we offer a guarantee for all of our goods as we stand behind every step of our production process. This guarantee does not affect your legal rights as set out in these terms
- Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation
- Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind, you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation.
A contract for goods is completed when the goods are delivered and paid for. If you want to end the contract in these circumstances, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for goods not provided but we may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) a reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract which may be up to 100% of the price.
OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES OR END THE CONTRACT
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for goods at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due;
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the goods, for example, delivery address; and/or
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the goods to you or collect them from us.
- We may at any time withdraw certain goods for sale, and we will use our best efforts to ensure our website is up-to-date.
PRICE & PAYMENT
- You must ensure you provide us with details of a valid credit or debit card. You may make changes to your payment details by updating them via your account on this website or by contacting our customer service team. Do not send payment card details via email.
- We reserve the right to suspend or cancel your order, or deliveries to you, if we are refused authority from your card issuer for payment or if a payment has been rejected by your bank. You must contact us to arrange payment and wait for that payment to go through before you can place another order.
- The price of the goods (which includes VAT where appropriate) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. All prices are shown in pounds sterling (£). We use our best efforts to ensure that the price of the goods advised to you is correct. However please see condition 7.5 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the goods you order.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the goods, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the goods in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the goods we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the goods' correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the goods' correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated on our website, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- We accept payment with all major credit and debit cards, including American Express. Your payment will be taken as soon as the order has been placed. All of our online payments will be processed through Shopify Pay or PayPal. We use Shopify and PayPal to ensure the highest possible level of security and fraud protection available for all of our customers.
- Delivery charges are a flat £4.50 for Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. We may apply an increased rate for Christmas or other peak, seasonal delivery dates. In such cases we’ll always make you aware of increased charges. If an increased rate applies, this will be stated in the ‘Checkout’ section of the website when you place your order.
- We use our own drivers and a courier service to deliver our boxes. Your order will be delivered to you on the date stated in the order confirmation, unless there is an event outside of our control. If we are unable to meet the estimated delivery date or time because of an event outside of our control we will contact you with a revised estimated delivery date or time. If a delivery is delayed by more than 36 hours or it does not reach you at all, we will arrange a full refund or replacement. Events outside our control include, but are not limited to, adverse weather conditions, strike actions, vehicle breakdown, traffic congestion, supplier failure, courier overcapacity, etc.
- You are responsible for making suitable arrangements to receive your delivery. If you are not home to receive your delivery we will always endeavour to leave your box in your designated safe place, and we ask our third-party couriers to follow your designated “Safe Place” instruction on your account. However, if the safe place is not accessible or deemed appropriate, or if you have not stated instructions on your account, we will endeavour to leave the box in the next most appropriate safe place if there is one.
- Once someone has received the delivery, or once the courier has left your delivery in your stated place, we do not accept liability for loss or further delay of the delivery. If for whatever reason you don’t receive your delivery, please tell us within 24 hours so we can either contact our drivers or track it and, if necessary, arrange to send replacement goods to you instead.
- You are responsible for the delivery details given to us when you place your order. Should you give us an incorrect address, postcode, or no delivery instructions, you should notify us immediately. We will endeavour to deliver your order to the revised address. If it’s not possible to make the delivery to the revised address, we cannot be held responsible for this loss.
- If your delivery is refused or not accepted at the delivery address, we cannot take responsibility for this and cannot offer a replacement.
- All goods and products are securely packaged in fully recyclable cardboard boxes packed with ice packs and will stay cool for up to 24 hours.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to deliver outside of the delivery postcodes (See condition 4.5.1)
COMPLAINTS RETURNS & REFUNDS
- We want you to be completely satisfied with the products you order from us. If you have any problems, or if for any reason you are not happy with your goods, please contact us and we will do our best to resolve the situation.
- Refunds or product replacements are made entirely at our discretion.
- If you wish to make a complaint, please contact our customer service team using the details on our Contact Us page. We will do our very best to respond to your complaint as quickly as possible.
OFFERS & PROMOTIONS
- We may offer certain promotions for eligible customers. If you have a promotional code, please ensure you enter it where prompted in the shopping basket before confirming your order. If your promotional code qualifies, your deduction and the promotional code will be displayed in the shopping basket.
- You may only use one promotional code per order. Promotional codes cannot be applied retrospectively to orders that have already been placed or delivered to you.
- Promotional codes and offers have no cash alternatives.
- We reserve the right to cancel orders or accounts if an unauthorised promotional code is used.
- We reserve the right to end offers or promotions at any time.
- All our offers and promotions are subject to specific terms and conditions.
- Free Giveaways
- All entrants must live within the delivery postcodes
- Entrants must provide delivery address details with 48hrs of the draw ending
- Prize is non-transferable and no alternative cash prizes.
WEIGHTS OF PRODUCTS
- Due to the nature of our products being reared free-range, some product weights may vary slightly at time of products being supplied. Any changes to weights will be clearly communicated to the customer.